Saturday, August 25, 2007

5/10nl is Craaaazy

Friday: +$198
Hours: 5
To Date: +$65,235

The swings of 5/10 nl are pretty damn sick. I've been playing these stakes for over a few weeks now pretty consistently, and I'm finally realizing how big these games are. The swings occasionally are ridiculous, but I've always been good about handling the emotions of losing/winning big amounts of money quickly. Here was my day yesterday: My first session I played for 1.75 hours and lost $3,465, my next session was 1.5 hours long and I lost $2,103, and my last session I played for 1.75 hours and won $5,766. This left me at +$198 on the entire day, lol. So I swung down $5,500 in a little over 3 hours, and then swung back up about +$5,800 in just under 2 more hours. Those are some pretty sick swings! My first session I really was pissed off about how I played, and absolutely should have lost at least $1,000 less than I did. My second session I just played ok at best. So I was really dissapointed in my play and was down huge. My last session I was very determined to play my best. I was playing some pretty short handed tables, as well as both some 2/4 heads up and 5/10 hu. I was a little apprehensive playing shorthanded on most of my tables like I was because I knew it was possible that I could take another BIG hit. But I ended up playing really well and things went absolutely great. Although I did make a bad call w/ a low flush that cost me around $700, I should have gotten away from it I knew I was beat. Anyway, what a crazy day! Talk about stressful, but also very fun by the end of the night.

2 Comments:

At August 31, 2007 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

5/10 sicko? please...

 
At September 3, 2007 at 12:13 AM , Blogger Adam said...

LOL for me yes. It's all relative. To the majority of people that play poker 2/4 no limit is sicko. To some 25/50 is nothing. It's all relative.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home