Monday, August 13, 2007

VERY BAD NIGHT

Tuesday-Sunday: -$3,520
Hours: 15.25
To Date: +$50,234

I think I'm on my biggest downswing(money wise) ever in the last 2 weeks. That's ok though, I've also been playing the highest limits of my life. For the past few days or more I've been playing at least a couple tables of 5/10 NL every time I play, and even some of the time more than 4 tables of 5/10, while still playing a couple tables of 3/6 and 2/4 as well. The funny thing is that I've been winning a little bit at 5/10, but just been getting killed at 2/4 and 3/6. I guess that's a lot better than the other way around so I can at least feel good about that. Anyway on Saturday night I almost had my second breakdown of the year in poker. My internet at night lately has been cutting out a few times a night, but usually it is for less than 30 seconds and never more than a few minutes. Still it's been very frustrating to say the least and has definitely cost me some money and my sanity at times. But on Sat night I sat down to play at midnight and got on all my 6 tables, 4 of them being 5/10 and the other 2 or 3 of them my normal mid stakes. I started playing and was absolutely amazed at how GREAT the games were! I was so happy and excited and ready to put in a long ass session and hopefully make a shit load of money. Every single table I would consider very good, especially my 5/10 tables. I knew it was Saturday night but just couldn't believe how bad almost all the players were, probably the best I've ever seen in my experience at that high of stakes. So I'm playing and within the first 20 minutes my internet starts going out. I got very pissed off because whenever it would go out I actually was involved in and had good hands which ended up costing me over $300. So I was very pissed off but I just kept thinking I have to keep playing through it b/c the games were so profitable. Well long story short I had to quit after 45 min b/c it was constantly cutting out and I just couldn't continue. I was so unbelievably frustrated because I know this costed me so much +EV and very likely something in the $5k range a fair amount of the time. Anyway it was a very bad and frustrating night and is still very hard for me to think about how great the games were and how unfair it is that I was cheated out of the opportunity to play. So I thought it would be good for me to take Sunday off shut down the engine and recharge the batteries. I think it was a very good idea b/c today I feel great and really motivated to play again. I swear next post will be my results from last month, but I just wanted to get this out first. Time for me to go hit the tables!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home