Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Latest

Saturday-Wednesday: -$2,817
Hours: 9.5
To Date: +$52,233

So I was around break evenish since my last post until yesterday when I dropped -$3k. I should have lost around -$2,500 but I made pretty costly $500 dollar mistake that I definitely shouldn't have. I actually played quite well overall yesterday, but just made that big mistake and was getting hit very hard in the face by the deck. I was put in a huge amount of very tough decisions very quickly. That is the only time where multi tabling like I do can really be a problem. I also layed a hand or two down that I figured had to be the best hand from the way it was played out, but my opponets bet big on numerous streets so I assumed maybe I was just tilting and layed them down. Sure enough I was shown a complete bluff once, and the other I'm pretty sure looking back on it was too. That really frustrated me and stressed me out a lot, so that was the end of the night for me at that point and I quit playing immediately. After this before bed I wrote down my goals for August on a peice of paper, so I'll post those and my results for July in my next post. I ended up having similar to June a very good month in July again, but realize that b/c of this and the way August has started out, that this month is most likely gonna be much tougher cards wise. So my goals that I wrote last night are very intense concerning the mental side of poker and life away from the actual tables. Also, the other day I went through and read a BUNCH of poker blogs that I hadn't read much of or hadn't read at all and have some thoughts on them I want to post about in the next few days as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home