Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Focused Energy+Positive Thought=Playing Well

Thursday-Monday: +$1,521
Hours: 9.75
To Date: +$53,754

So I'm making a steady and slow comeback on the month. Iv'e been happy with how I've been playing the last few days, so that's what really matters. I could go on and on about all the ways I've been getting unlucky on the month so far. But I honestly don't focus on that side of poker whatsoever anymore. I was actually thinking about this yesterday and today, and I'm pretty damn impressed with myself. Compared to almost anyone I know, follow, or read about I talk about bad beats and ways I'm getting unlucky while running bad less than anyone I know. I pretty much just don't talk about it hardly at all, and in my head to myself I don't think or focus on it about 99% of the time either. The more you don't spend any energy on even thinking about how you are getting unlucky, the vastly better you are off for sure. I have become so good at this part of poker that I really don't waste any energy on it at all, and this has really been keeping my mind right and completely filled w/ positive energy and allows me to focus on what I need to. I used to think I was good at controlling tilt and handling the swings and such. But now I realize that I was only OK at this b/c I was still putting way too much thought into these kinds of negative things. Now it is so much easier on my mind b/c I barely have these thoughts at all, so I often don't even realize how bad I've actually been running until later after it's over. I just keep my focus on what I need to and mentally it makes my poker life so much easier. Anyway, I know I said last post that my next one would be on my results for July and goals for this month. So I will definitely do this in my next post which will probably be tomorrow. Also I still want to write about when I read a bunch of poker blogs that aren't on my daily list of reads last week and some of my thoughts about them in the next few days as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home