Thursday, April 12, 2007

Slacked off Today a little

Today: -$628
Hours: 3.5
To Date: +$21,273
$400 nl win rate (to date): $158/hr @ 3.8PTBB/100

Ok I finally cooled off. Today was my first loss of over a buyin for a long time. In one of my sessions I decided to play 4 tables of $400 nl and 2 tables of $600 nl because there were some really great 3/6 games going and I was feeling so confident. I made a $250 mistake, got 2 outered, and lost kind of a cooler hand for a loss of around $700 between the two $600 nl tables, and overall lost over $500 on the session. So no more $600 nl until I have at least a few more thousand dollars to my bankroll. Then I'll probably start adding in a couple tables when the games are optimal. At least from what I hear and have seen those games are about the same competition as the $400 games, except for maybe a few more 5/10 pros dropping down when thier games are bad. So when I do feel properly bankrolled I should be able to up my hourly rate adding in some of those games. Anyways I'm pretty dissapointed in myself for how I played yesterday. I think I could easily have broke even for the day, and that kinda pisses me off. But I'm more dissapointed in myself than anything, I was doing such a good job of playing my "A" game everytime I played. It's not like I played really bad or anything, but I definitely let myself go a little and slack off on the discipline. I'm just not gonna accept anything else from myself but playing like a true proffessional all the time. Can't decide if I should just take today off or only play 1 or 2 sessions for the day. I think it would be a good idea to clear my head and re focus, and then come back tomorrow and crush the games. But part of me wants to play later on and prove to myself that I can play my best all the time and yesterday was just a little bit of a slacking day. So we'll see, I would bet that I end up hitting the tables w/ a vengence for like an hour or two later today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home