Thursday, March 15, 2007

SO SICK

Today: -$162
Hours: 3.25
To Date: $7,739
$200 nl win rate(to date): 41/hr

I really don't feel like writing this right now, but I guess I should to let people know how sick the emotional side of playing this game seriously can be. So I won around $80 my first 2 sessions and my 3rd and final session of the day things were going great. I was up at least a few hundred within the first 1 hour and I was playing really well. I made one or two pretty good folds, I earned a couple w/ timely bluffs, and I really built big pots with winning hands and maximized my profit fabulously. Then shit hit the fan big time, and what came in the last 45 minutes was absolutely disgusting to me. So I was playing and feeling really well and was thinking about what a good session this could turn out to be, and just feeling good about my play and the session. I then lost a few pots that cost me a couple hundred bucks, but nothing out of the ordinary and no big deal at all. Then I got pocket aces and found myself in a nice size pot after the flop with a pretty bad player. The turn was kind of a scare card so I checked, and this complete chump bet the pot of $52. I called thinking in the long run I'm still ahead here more times than not. So the turn brings the third seven on the board giving me a full house, aces full of sevens. Pretty much the only thing that beats me here is if he flopped a full house, and even better if he hit a nut straight on the turn it was no longer good. So I checked here and he overbet the pot and went all in. At this time I was in 2 other hands and was thinking about them and making my moves in them. I then heard the beeps going off on that table and went back to it and made sure I was good for a sec so I could call his huge bet and take it down. I decided I was absolutely positve that I had the best hand and hit the call button, and right as I did this my hand was folded and I was timed out of the hand. I pressed the call button 1/10 of a second too late and got completely fucked over for a $464 pot!!!! I immediately freaked out and typed in what I had and how lucky the guy was, and he agreed and told me he just had top pair and proceeded to thank me for hitting fold too late. It really pisses me off that UB doesn't have a dial or time bank to let you know exactly how much time you have. I had no idea that I had less than 2/10ths of a second left. That is SOOOO SICK!!! I pressed it at the exact same time, and I got completely screwed out of a $464 pot. This feels so much worse than getting 2 outered out of a pot this size, it doesn't even compare knowing that you tried to call and you had the best hand and you couldn't take YOUR money. I seriously didn't know if I would ever recover from this at the time and I'm still not even close to recovering right now. Then to make it worse I thought I hit a flush like 15 minutes later on the river and bet $100, but of course I read my hand wrong like an idiot and just had a pair. So I lost 335 dollars that session when I should have won at least $50, so disgusting the way it happened too. I figured out that UB folding that hand when I tried to call makes it so my win rate at $200 nl alone is $3.50/hr lower......SO ANNOYING AND SICK!! One of the most frustrating if not the most frustrating thing that has ever happened to me in poker.

1 Comments:

At March 16, 2007 at 4:34 AM , Blogger . said...

That sucked!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home