Sunday, April 8, 2007

Review of the Last Week

Apr. 1st-7th: +$4,065
Hours: 25
To Date: +$14,261
$400 nl win rate (to date): $115/hr

I really am going to blog pretty much everyday I play from now on again. I have let myself go w/ updating, but that's all over with now. I have been putting all my energy towards focusing on extreme discipline and focus at the tables, and I will be disciplined again w/ blogging my results and focusing on my game away from the tables as well. So the last week has gone pretty well, and was real close to going very well. The reason I say that is because like an idiot I decided to play another session real late last night when I shouldn't have, and I got very unlucky on the river for an $800 pot and also spewed off around $150 w/ unfocused and bad play. So instead of finishing up on Saturday around $1,250, I only won $380 on the day, that's a large and significant difference. So if I didn't just do that I would rate last week as an excellent week overall. On Thursday I had my biggest day ever in poker and won $3,181 in only 3.5 hours for the day. Other than that nothing crazy happened for the week, just ran pretty good and played very good. I am very proud of my improvement as of late in all areas of my game. Ever since the middle of March I really started improving my strategy and the way I play the game. And I have continued to get much better at extracting money, saving money, inducing big bluffs, and just overall maximizing my winnings hugely. My style really has developed into a much more difficult opponet to play against, a fair amount for the bad players and especially for the solid $400 nl players who play against me. I think I used to be somewhat easy to play agianst if you are good, but now I'm tricky, thoughtful, creative, but also for the most part very solid and disciplined. The last week I believe I also have really improved myself in the mental area and aspect of poker. I have made a serious effort to focus on playing my "A" game everytime I play a session, to think hard about every decision I make, and most of all to be disciplined at all times. I have definitely noticed the difference that this makes in just the last week. Being disciplined over the last week has really helped me make more money at the tables. So this is what I've been most proud of lately, and I will absolutely continue all of these things in the future everytime I play. I expect this to help my play and profits immensely in the long run, and surprisingly it helps immediately as well. So anyways thats pretty much it for last week, I'll make a serious effort to post everyday again this coming week. If I play and make what I did this week for each week of the month I will have reached my goal and be very satisfied w/ myself. I think I can and expect to average around 4k for the next 3 weeks too. Like I said if I just didn't play that last 30 minute session on the late night last night I would have been up another $900 on the week putting me right around +$5k last week. Oh well, on to next week which I expect to be even better results, and for sure even better play.

2 Comments:

At April 9, 2007 at 2:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello,

what do you mean by being disciplined?

 
At April 9, 2007 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Adam said...

anonymous,
When I talk about being disciplined I basically mean trying my hardest at all times to play the best poker possible. Discipline for a poker player can be the difference between a marginal winner and a large winner crushing the games. I think discipline is even more important than skill to a certain extent. Because if you are a really skilled player, but have no discipline, then you will never be executing your skilled play to its potential. So by discipline I mean not calling a big bet when you think you are beat, not bluffing when you know you shouldn't(eventhough you have the urge to), focusing on all your opponets and plays and not watching tv while playing, not calling raises w/ marginal hands because you are bored and aren't gettin cards, ect. Basically just being mentally tough and doing everything possible to be the best you can be.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home