Sunday, March 4, 2007

Learning To Let The $ Come To Me and To Not Get Frustrated

Today: +$413, +$4 HU
Hours: 4.75
To Date: +$7,149
$200 NL win rate: $51/hr

I am pretty proud of a couple plays I made today, but overall I'm not too happy with myself. I made a very bold and big bluff that didn't work that I was initially very upset with myself for. But now looking back it wasn't that bad of a play, it would work at least half the time in that spot. But it just sucks when you make a play and put over a full buyin in the pot and it doesn't work. Late at night there was some very crazy players playing and the pots were very juicy. I was at a dream table where there was 3 really horrible, crazy, possibly drunk, loose aggressive players with at least 3 buyins each at the table. I was getting pretty screwed on that table and another one, and I definitely got frustrated and made 3 or 4 bad calls as a result that cost me a buyin and a half. I caught myself after like 30 minutes though, changed my energy and focus back to positive, and played very well until I made a bunch of money back. One thing is very frustrating for me is when I'm at a crazy, loose table like that and am not getting good cards and when I do keep getting sucked out on. I catch myself getting impatient becuase I know how much extra money these players will give me if I get some cards, and that I literally could be making 5 times the amount I should be at a table like this. But at least I realized it pretty quickly and made the neccessary adjustments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home