Sunday, March 11, 2007

Even Just 2 Big Mistakes all day Really Matter

Today: +$458
Hours: 2.5
To Date: +$7,911
$200 nl win rate (to date): $48/hr

I played focused for most of today and thought I did a good job of maximizing my profits a few times. But in my last session I got into a few tough spots, and played 2 of them really bad. One of them I just didn't slow down and think rationally and it cost me a little over $100. The second screw up was a really tough spot, where looking back on it I messed up pretty big. It cost me big too, I probably could have saved at least $150 and possibly even $230. I definitely should have saved $150 on the river though, I should have realized I was only getting called if I was beat. That's the second time in the last few days I've lost significantly more than I should have with 2 pair, and I told myself I would recognize the situation next time and not repeat it. The sick thing is I thought about that in the hand, but just didn't execute it right at the end. But I absolutely have learned my lesson now and will not be repeating the 2 big mistakes I made today again ever. So I think I probably should have profited around $700 today, damn that sucks. But at least I wasn't just carelessely playing and calling off a bunch of chips. I focused and thought about everything today, just made 2 large mistakes that cost me. I've learned my lesson and am ready to continue on playing and running really well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home