Thursday, July 19, 2007

Wow...Where Do I Start?

Last 11 Days: +$1,219
Hours: 29.5
To Date: +$50,533

It's been so long I don't know where to begin. I guess I'm being a little dramatic...lol. It's only been about a week from my last post. But it has been over a week and a half since I last posted my poker results. Basically, after playing and running really well for over 2 weeks I hit a very sharp downswing. The severe, main part of the downswing was actually only a few days, with the rest of the time getting back to being down a little and then back to above even a day ago finally. The first two days of the decline were intense however. I went on about a -$7k downswing in only those 2 days, by far my worst monetarily wise. Actually, nothing too crazy happened surprisingly. I did on the first day make a huge mistake that cost me a little over $1k, as well as a few other mistakes as a result of being off my game in the first 3 days. But that's pretty much it. Mainly the reason it was almost twice the amount I have swung down before is because I was playing a lot of very shorthanded games. I was playing a lot of 3/6 no limit tables late at night with only 3 or 4 players, as well as a descent amount of heads up at both 2/4 and 3/6 tables. The swings associated with these shorthanded games, especially heads up is obviously a much bigger difference. Anyway after the initial 3 days I made my way back, then swung back down a little, and then hovered around even for a couple days. Finally a day ago I was back in the black and said completely bye bye to my evil downswing. Anyway, wasn't a HUGE deal, I'm so used to the swings of poker by now that I can handle them pretty damn well these days. Still can be a little scary and obviously quite frustrating and stressful, but not too bad at this stage in my poker career. Mostly, I just got out of the groove of updating and became lazy with it and didn't prioritize posting like I should have. I have more I want to talk about but I'll save it for the next post because I feel like this post is just getting too long at the moment.....plus I want to go hit the tables right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home