Saturday, January 13, 2007

Very Swingy Day

Today: -$74
Hours: 3.5
To Date: +$1,042
Win Rate (to date): $46/hr

Ok I've been sick with a pretty high fever for the last couple days. I couldn't even play yesterday, and today I played pretty much 1 hour sessions when I was feeling as good as I could. I am pretty dissapointed with a few key decisions that I made today. I should have made around $150 today, instead of $74 in the red. I didn't listen and completely trust my true gut feeling a couple times and it really cost me. And then one hand where I flopped the nut straight I completely became retarded for a minute and no where near made the money I should have. So I chalk a little bit of my mental lapse today on my health, but for the most part not. At least I know what I did wrong today, and will definitely learn from it. Other than that, talk about swingy! I went from being down $470 in the first 2.5 hours, to making $403 in the last hour to end the day. The positive thing is I never once even came close to steaming or tilting when things were really not going my way at all. My 3-4 significant mistakes were just me not thinking clearly, being impulsive, and once quickly losing the ability to use my mind for some reason.

2 Comments:

At January 14, 2007 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Jon Miller's $50,000 Poker Challenge said...

Adam-

Hey this is Jon, thanks for checking out my blog. To answer you question about playing 4 tables. I actually do play 4 tables, but I use Sixth Sense and leave once a table gets bad. Then I will get on the waiting list of the next best table. This is the reason my PTbb/100 is so good. It just happens that my MT: is around 2.75. So when I plan to 8 table it my MT: will be around 5 because of leaving tables. If you practice good table selection it can really increase your win rate!

Best of luck

Jon

 
At January 15, 2007 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Adam said...

Alright thanks for clearing that up Jon, I was just a little curious. I agree that table selection is really important, and will continue to be more important than ever once the new US ban goes into affect. However, I tend to think that for anything under 400 NL it isn't AS important. And especially when its like $25 or $50 NL because most of the players are just sooo bad anyways. I think that its really more important to get in as many hands as you can without it affecting your play too much. I would also think that while advancing through the lower limits if you are over emphasizing playing agaisnt all the weakest players it might slow your development for the higher games where almost all the players are at least semi good. So I don't know, I've thought about getting sixth sense but I think I might hold out until I'm a couple levels higher. Right now I'm just gonna stick to table selecting myself and picking tables with not any real good players, and making sure everyone has more than 1/2 a stack on the table. To me it seems more important to get like 400-500 hands an hour, which will produce a higher actual win rate, than just getting a little higher PTbb/100. But let me know if you think I'm wrong here. Best of luck to you!
-Adam

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home