Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Ouch...Playing more and Winning less

Today: -$938
Hours: 3.25
To Date: +$4,476
$200 NL win rate: $140/hr

Not a good day of poker for me at all. Was put in a lot of really tough spots and had to make a lot of hard decisions. Obviously the deck was hitting me in the face pretty hard, but as w/ any bad run of cards it is ultimately mostly my fault. I was definitely not sharp today and not playing that well. This was one of those days where I needed to be at the very top peak of my game to minimize my losses. And I didn't perform leaving me dissapointed in myself right now. For the majority of the day I just played decent, followed every so often by a bad move or wrong decision. If I brought the right focused energy to the tables I would have lost somewhere between $500-$700 today and been happy. All it took was one BIG decision wrong and about 5 other small, stupid, and sloppy plays. The big lay down that I made which turned out to be wrong I'm actually pretty ok with becuase I was really trying to make a great play. But the other $250 or so worth of mistakes was stuff I never do anymore, but at least I realize it. A lot of people would just blame the cards on a day like this, (in the past I might have lost a lot more today than this too) but I no longer do that and realize that even a day like today could have resulted in a relatively small loss with truly great play. So tomorrow when I play I'm gonna bring the absolute best energy and focus possible and make sure I play my A game. If the cards are gonna be bad for the next 500, 1000, 5000, or even only just 50 hands I'm totally fine with that and ready. But I'm gonna make sure that I focus on playing them as well as I possibly can to minimize my losses and maximize my wins. Even if it takes so much out of me that I can only play for an hour or two, there is no way I'm posting here tomorrow that I didn't try hard enough to play well. With all that said, I fully expect to start running well again and finish off this month great. Giving me momentum into my over $10,000 month of February.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home