Saturday, January 27, 2007

Day 1 $200 NL and Goals

Today: +$526 (not counting $65 from 2 PLO $25 tables)
Hours: 3.25
To Date: +$3,740

$200 NL Win Rate (to date): $162/hr

My first day at $200 nl went pretty good. My first session I didnt play too well and completely donked off a full buy in. I was playing 3 tables of 100 and 200 NL each ,and on the lower tables I wasn't playing as good as usual either. I think I was a little overwhelmed and not used to the big pots of the $200 tables, and the smaller tables just didn't seem significant. But when I came back for my second session I realized that playing anything other than my "A" game was unacceptable. So before I played I got myself in a really good frame of mind, and stayed in the zone the whole session. I played all $200 tables and just enjoyed myself and focused on my play. I ended up playing really well and of course good cards followed. I made over $700 and got up to over $500 for the day. The main difference I notice so far is at $200 nl players are much more willing to put lots of money in the pot. They call big raises more in position, and overall just don't seem to worry about the money factor as much. I definitely like this and really think I'm gonna make a shit load of money over the next few weeks.
I have a few short term goals for $200 nl. I want to make over 8 PTbb/100 playing 6 tables at once, and to be honest I think it's very likely that I run somewhere around 10 ptbb/100. I want to be done with this level by the end of next month, and I want to make over $10,000 in February. Also, I want to continue getting better and working on my game as much as actually playing. I plan on reviewing my play on poker tracker a lot, watching a lot of cardrunners videos, and reading about the game. I'm loving poker right now so much and I think I will definitely achieve each one of these goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home